angmuzz

Who do i need to talk to builder / architect / designer?

Angela Cook
6 years ago

We live in a very tired 1950's farmhouse in rural Sthn. NSW. It's got to the stage where we really need to have some changes made - Kitchen needs to be redone after a half hearted reno in 2002, only a single bathroom with a sunken shower that needs to go (I know. Who does that, right? - we got rid of the full-length mirror and fern garden that used to be in there already) It's a really cold house with very little insulation. It's ugly. It has a dodgey 60's sunroom extension that's falling down and unusable, and a sthn facing back deck that is rotting and needs to come down. We're almost empty nesters - an adult son who still lives with us when he's not traveling with his job.

Where do i start? Who do i talk to about whether the house is worth saving/renovating/building onto/on top of? Or advise us whether we should we just build something new?

Comments (6)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.