webuser_436400

Help with Living Room!

Jamie Brokus Fox
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

There are multiple issues here. The furniture is unfortunately non negotiable at this point. Navy blue wouldn't be my first choice, but it is what it is. I don't know how to arrange this living room. The french doors feel like they are awkward in taking up a wall. I'm wall hugging all the furniture and I know it, but I don't know what to do. I had a family tree wall with frames, so the tree decal needs to go. We got a new tv so it's now larger than the fire place which I also feel like looks bad. I can add other pieces of furniture but the couch and love seat pretty much have to stay. I might be able to eliminate the chair and do some sort of accent. I'm open to area rug, console tables, side tables, lamps, a new media center wall situation, plants, art, whatever could help here! It's just so awkward for me, and it's dark with all the oak. Painting is an option too. It used to be gray, but with the oak and carpet I felt like it made the room even darker yet. Maybe long flowy high curtain panels on each side of the french doors could help? I have a toddler...and a baby on the way so...we still need to be toddler friendly.

Comments (485)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.