renee1530

Help! Contractor issue with Insurance - need advice

MR
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi,

Our contractor messed up day one of demo and didn't turn off the water before demoing. Of course, hit an old pipe in our 1920 coop apartment and caused water damage to the neighbors' bathroom below us. The entire time our contractors assured us that this was their clear mistake and insurance would cover it. Cut to 6 weeks later, the contractors presentation of the facts has caused their insurance to deny the claim. The neighbors hate us, the board hates us, and we just want the contractor to go back to his insurance company and rectify the situation. Pay the deductible and move on from this. He is refusing, saying that paying out of pocket so his premiums do not go up is the way he wants to go instead. We are stressing out and feel helpless/angry. Do we demand he go back to the insurance company? Is paying out of pocket a normal alternative? Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

Comments (16)

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.