ctychick

Shower Window - Frosted vs Clear glass?

ctychick
7 years ago

We are renovating our master bath. We currently have one small window with clear glass that is not in the shower area. Our shower will be moved so that the window will be inside of the shower area. The new window opening will be larger than the original. My goal is to bring in as much natural light as possible. Fortunately, the room faces east, so we get brilliant, beautiful light in the mornings.

I have to decide between clear glass or a textured (gravel-like) glass. The window is just high enough that privacy isn't an issue, but I suppose if someone walked up to the side of our house with a short ladder he would have a pretty good view. My fear is that the textured glass will dim the light or diffuse it so that I lose the sun-filled effect. Also, I'm not sure I'll like the aesthetic of the mottled look of the window. Our shower will be glass-enclosed and directly opposite the bathroom entrance.

Now here's the rub - we ordered the window with clear glass, but it arrived yesterday with textured glass. It will put our renovation off by 3 weeks in order to get the clear window. I'm tempted to just keep the textured glass to make things easier, but if I find out that the quality and abundance of light will be compromised significantly, I'll wait for the clear replacement.

So... Knowing what you know about my thought process, would I regret staying with the frosted?

Thanks so much!

Comments (4)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.