Save my sanity and choose a colour, please! Wall paint colour dilemma

Ancuta Weiser

Dear all,

I truly need your advice about potential wall painting colour options for our kitchen. The kitchen itself is about 3 years old and I am planning to repaint the kitchen walls.

Some specific details to the current status, with pictures attached - apologies if this reads too long:

• The kitchen is a contemporary Kube Lava Soft Matt finish, with what it seems to me to be a taupe with a pink hue/undertone (I say pink as we had to replace a drawer front under the hob, right in the middle - and it seems we can't match the colour, so that one front shows a green undertone when compared with the ones around it) ; the appliances are black/steel and built in.
  • The worktops (kitchen island included) are all black granite and the floor is a warm engineered wood with a light finish.
  • The backsplash is a lovely toughened glass in a silver, slightly shimmery shade.
  • You will notice a display cabinet on the opposite side of the kitchen that is not the same finish as the kitchen, but a simple Ikea Besta option in cream.
  • The dining table is also a cream glass with warm walnut legs colour and the chairs were just reupholstered in a pet friendly fabric from Aqua Clean Dallas Collection in colour 107 - Truffle.
  • The latest addition is a very cost friendly Jysk Rose rug...to protect the wood flooring from additional scratches, on the same side as an older snuggle chair we got from Next a few years back - in what I believe to recall was called a mink colour.
  • Plenty of natural light filters in through a large French door and window to the garden, and 2 large Velux skylight windows too.
  • Light spots and a single pendant over the kitchen island as additional lighting sources.
  • The wall art is black/grey on one wall, and an original by my daughter on the windows wall above the coffee machine :-).

It appears it all went wrong at the wall paint colour...I don't really remember the exact colour name, but it is a Dulux one and somewhat blueish....and I feel it is now not in synch with the kitchen..?

I do like the way the rug and the snuggle chair work together, but I also don't know if it's too much pink?...help, please!

What colour should I choose for repainting the walls?