bjakupi86

Help with my deck

bjakupi86
7 years ago

Hi all,
I'm looking for a different perspective on this. I signed a quote with a deck contractor and one of the line items is install lattice skirting around the bottom of the deck. The cost for this is $750- but as we are refinishing the entire deck, we got a 10% discount on all work, so truly paying $675. The contractor installed the lattice and says that they are finished with this portion. I am not at all happy and don't want to incur additional cost. Any time I have searched for images of lattice skirting on decks, it shows the lattice framed to some extent. Ours has no framing and rough edges are showing. His response is that in 35 years they have never done this and if I want it done I have to pay an additional $499. Am I wrong to expect more? I'm just looking for feedback to share with him from those who have experience in this.

Comments (14)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.