amaliar

Landscape/ plunge pool ideas?

Hi all
I have just purchased a little cottage that has a east facing garden/lawn which is sloped with 3 tiers of grass levels.

There is a large deck overlooking the garden and I am thinking of extending the deck down to the top tier of garden and decking around an above ground 3x 4 approx fiberglass plunge pool.

And ideas would be much appreciated.

Photo 1 looking up from bottom of garden to proposed tier and balcony
2. Top tier
3. Deck ( sideways view)
4. Plans

Comments (4)

• Gallifrey
    7 years ago

Hi

Look at the website for Australian Plunge Pools. They make precast concrete pools. I love the round ones when set out of the ground. A great product, but I could not use due to some crazy pool fence rules and my house design.

• PRO
    Timandra Design & Landscaping
    7 years ago
    A pool of any sort is going to be expensive. The photos imply quite a steep slope. You either need to cut in or raise up, both of which will require elaborate and costly engineer designed retaining walls.
    Why bother? It's a great looking natural site that could be really enhanced with a good garden that would retain the slope and be far cheaper.
  • Bernadette Staal
    7 years ago

I can not comment on the pool but decking always adds value and usage and maybe you could add a Spa Pool onto one of the decks. What I do love from your photo's is your established trees - that is something that you can not replace - even if you have to build decks around them it is worth it.

• PRO
    My Verandah
    7 years ago

Congratulations on your new home! Your garden looks lovely. What great bones to be working with. As darylwright mentioned above Australian Plunge Pools might be a good option for your sight. They make a 4.5 x 2.45M rectangular pool which they crane into site. Post a photo when you have completed your project. All the best.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.