dev18

Crazy wall colors?! Hubby says looks like kindergarten :-0

Rochel G
7 years ago
Hi,
So this is a new construction home and Therefore a blank slate. I really wanted to do orange in my dining room and I chose Benjamin Moore raspberry blush which was depicted on their BM website as a "deep orange with a lick of pink". Trust me I deliberated over many shades for a long time but decided to take the plunge and paint my whole (large) dining room this shade. Now to be fair, the baseboard, trim and crown moulding are not up yet, but I kinda got faint hearted when I saw the room:-0 In addition to that, in the adjoining room (formal living room) I had the one wall (which faces the DR) painted a dark plum, thinking these colors are far away from each other and do compliment each other any how, but they are fighting like cats and dogs. Too much color and my hubby says it looks like a kindergarten. Also they painted the wrong grey on the living room walls which can be changed but I'm realizing that I don't like the raspberry blush with cool grey , I think it needs a warmer color to compliment it in the adjoining room, plus I'm wondering if I should use a more creamy shade for the trim and not dove white (BM) as I had planned to. How do i make this all work?! Sorry for the rant!!!(ps - the yellow you see is the only part of the old house that remained and that room will be painted a different color plus there will be French doors separating)

Comments (86)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.