lynnae_kauffman

What to do with oak baseboards

Lynnae Kauffman
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

The owners of our new house got new laminate flooring, but they did not change the baseboards. I do not like how the different shades of wood are right next to each other. I am thinking that we will paint the baseboards white, along with the fireplace, the built-in cabinet in the dining room, and the spindles on the stairs. Do others think that is a good idea? Is there another solution I'm not thinking of? Re-staining the wood sounds like it would be more work. I'm just not sure I want to paint the doors though. They are very solid/nice doors, and we kind of like the look of the oak. If we don't paint the doors, do we paint the trim around the doors? With three young kids, wood works better because I know how nicked up any painted wood gets. Thanks for your thoughts!

Comments (15)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.