sandra_fitzpatrick

Would dark wood floor in hall leading to light oak floor kitchen work?

Need flooring for hall, which leads to large open kitchen with existing light oak hardwood floor. The rooms are separated by a door, but trying samples of dark oak, doesn't seem to work. Have considered light Oak for the hall but very hard to match existing both colour and size. Also it will still require a join so not seamless. any advice would be much appreciated, I would like to go for a dark smoked oak, larger plank and also in the opposite direction to the kitchen floor. Does anyone have examples of where this has worked and also what sort of connection can you suggest saddle board etc...