tellytelly

Help me update our exterior

tellytelly
7 years ago

We love our new (to us) side split home & plan to stay in it for some time. There is a lot of work to be done but the layout is perfect for us & it's in a great neighbourhood. That being said, the exterior is so drab.

I would love some colour ideas, but also wouldn't mind some more expensive fix ideas (garage door needs replacing & the wood siding needs repair / paint). We've chosen a new front door that looks similar to this one but it'll be a single door with side lights on both sides (no transom).

And btw, I love this home as inspiration (with the black door - not mine ;)). I love prairie style homes & wonder if we could make some updates to modernize our home some. We don't want to paint the brick.

We've done some cleanup with landscaping & I've attached those photos here. It could still use a little more work in that regard as well but it feels clearer looking now.

Any advice my fellow houzzers? :)

Comments (12)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.