millieweathers

Need front porch ideas....pizza man gets wet when raining!!

millieweathers
11 years ago
Help.

Comments (10)

• PRO
  • millieweathers
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Looks exactly like what I need. I hope to paint or white-wash the brick and reside the exterior. That way I can redo the front door and replace it with a door and side lites. The interior foyer is dark and has low ceilings.
  • Kris Hall
    11 years ago
    I agree with TJP designs and constructions. Do you live on the east coast???
  • millieweathers
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Yes, Ga coast
  • PRO
    Beckett Custom Homes
    11 years ago
    That would have been my first suggestion as well. Simple, inexpensive and functional
  • PRO
    Denny Shuty
    11 years ago
    Yes, a gable roof over the door. Looks like you are ready for new shingles and a new driveway. Pull the driveway away from the front door and create a wider planting bed between the driveway and the house facade - too much hardscape against hardscape.
  • Maryl Hershelman
    11 years ago
    Maybe it's just the photos, but a porch may be the least of your concerns...has your house settled so much that it isn't square. I thought it was just the one photo but from all angles it appears to be settling into the center. Have an engineer, architect or at least a reliable house inspector check this issue before you start throwing good money after bad.
  • PRO
    Ironwood Builders
    11 years ago
    Mary, are you referring to the left interior corner of the dog house gable end pop out? It may be just camera fisheye perspective...but maybe not!
  • Maryl Hershelman
    11 years ago
    I thought that maybe it was just a camera angle at first but look at the shot of the door...I'd hate to be the installer of any door that has to fit in that obtuse angle
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.