ciarabruth

how to camouflage stair void in former box room

ciarabruth
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

stair void protrudes into former box room being converted into an ensuite. should I tile this surface, or try to build up the area for storage? The toilet will be going into the space to the left of stair void. all suggestions welcome!

Comments (4)

• Brandi Nash Hicks
    8 years ago
    I would make it taller and build shelving for storage ,just trim it out good and paint it to look like a base to a cabinet
    ciarabruth thanked Brandi Nash Hicks
  • Jess w
    8 years ago

I have something similar in my box room. We painted it and put shelves above it and nice storage baskets on top of the surface. I would say turn it into some sort of storage thing.

ciarabruth thanked Jess w
  • PRO
    MERRICK DESIGNS
    8 years ago
    I have same in my house. I got carpenter to build it up with flip lid. Storage is slopped inside the box but I store items I use seldom (eg. Ski clothes etc!). Then over head I hung a shelving open unit ( same width, but depth smaller). I use shelf for books etc and still have the top of built up box for other bits.
    ciarabruth thanked MERRICK DESIGNS
  • minnie101
    8 years ago

I'd go for a ŵall hung loo with an alcove above. I'd then put in floor to ceiling shelves over the stair void so they're front facing ( as per pic). This would then create a sectioned off loo so would tile the side of the shelving (if you're tiling all the bathroom)

ciarabruth thanked minnie101
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.