diane_sexton62

Diane

Diane Sexton
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hi I am adding an extension to my kitchen, giving me a sitting/dining area. I have a 4 metre opening on the gable end wall that looks out onto lovely views, my dilemma is bi fold or patio doors, I have looked at both options and the bi fold will be much more expensive but I like the idea of being able to open it right up, my builder says the patio door would be better, what do you think?

Comments (5)

• PRO
    fox-byrne builders
    8 years ago

bi fold would flood light in.

• Jonathan
    8 years ago
    Both will let the light flood in.
    I like the folding doors but sliding doors will still leave a large opening to the garden
  • minnie101
    8 years ago

Hi. What style/age is the house?

• Diane Sexton
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    It's a cottage, 2 bed quite small but we've extended the kitchen/living area to take in the lovely view of the garden and fields around
  • minnie101
    8 years ago

Hi Diane. I must admit I may be tempted to look at french doors then.You could have wide doors with glazed panels either side to let the light in. I think they'll open up wider than a patio door ( but jonathan may correct me:) !)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.