annieandmanu

Affordable built in wardobe solution?

annieandmanu
8 years ago

I would love custom made built-in wardrobes to utilise the full height space in my bedroom but a recent quote I got was half my entire apartment renovation budget! Can anyone tell me if it would be possible for a carpenter to mount a shop bought wardrobe on a drawer base? I want to add about 35cm in height to a wardrobe of 236cm.

Comment (1)

• PRO
    JML Garden Rooms
    8 years ago

Hi there, Yes, I am sure that a good joiner/carpenter would be able to. I would invite a couple of joiners round and ask for their advice. They may have an even better idea of how to achieve what you are looking for...

Don`t be afraid to take some photos and ask if you can email them, so that they can have a look before even coming in. An experienced joiner should be able to give you a guesstimate on cost at that stage, so that you are not wasting each others time.

When a client asks for bespoke units and furniture in our Garden rooms, I also like to ask them if they could draw me a quick sketch, no matter how crude, so that a have an idea of what they would like it to look like, in the end.

Pop some pics up here too! As there are lots of pros with different backgrounds and experiences, who would be able to suggest some solutions.. Good Luck!

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.