melissa_barnes255

Are the shadows created by wire pendant lights annoying?

Dell123
9 years ago

I'm looking for a light fitting for my wall way and wire pendants have caught my eye. However my mum thinks that the shadows and lines they would make on the wall would be very annoying. So those of you that have them, what do you think?

This is one that I am looking at...

Cheers!

Comments (6)

• User
    9 years ago

I love the shadows and play on walls. What I don't like is that bare bulbs hurt my eyes.

• PRO
    Freund Studio
    9 years ago

cast shadows can be the main feature of a light fixture:https://www.houzz.com/photos/freund-studio-design-lab-modern-hall-phvw-vp~15469949

• Kristi Traynor
    9 years ago
    I hate them in my bedroom because I don't want to be distracted there. But the shadows can add interest to other rooms. So far the wire lights I've seen where I like them are larger rooms like great rooms and lofts. I don't think I would personally want one in a small space.
  • shagelau
    9 years ago
    I hate the wire lampshade look. It just screams FBI Interrogation Room to me.
  • ceemimi
    9 years ago
    My light casts it's frame shadow, but it's not that noticeable because it's way up high (see pic) mine is in a double floor height ceiling. I think if the pendant was lower, then shadows would be more prominent. Also, my light isn't as busy, so the shadows are less. Overall, my take is the busier the pendant and lower the height, you'll see more shadows. (don't mind the paint job, still in reno)
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.