charlottebrowning86

Best colour for narrow hall a sticky kids lol

I have a long but narrow hall and staircase at the moment it a grey hints colour but I want to brighten it up but don't want white as I have children with very sticky hands lol any ideas would really help

Comments (5)

• PRO
    OnePlan
    9 years ago
    #Ping : announcement Matthew Decorator to this thread please !!! Hope he sees this ! he's full of useful advice !
    ;-)
  • PRO
    Victoria Hopkins
    9 years ago
    I would definitely stick with a light colour, probably off white to help the light reflect around the space. To add some colour put up lots of pictures. You could add a wall of photos or how about hanging the kids art up? For paint I would recommend Valspar at B&Q simply because they do a finish which you can scrub clean. Goes on a treat too.
  • xtine74
    9 years ago
    Maybe best to get a wipeable paint and then you can have any colour (even white!) and not worry about those sticky hands! I had similar concerns recently (but with a mucky pup instead) and opted for Dulux Diamond Matt in white, it's had a fair few wipes already and is holding up really well.
  • Matthew Decorator
    9 years ago
    Get any colour you want in Dulux diamond eggshell. Expensive but it's scrubbable. I use it in bathrooms and multi-million pound laboratories to give you an idea of how amazingly resistant it is.

P.s I have 2 children, two years old and 7 months old. My entire house is in brilliant white diamond eggshell.... Zero problems. Just wipe it off.

It's expensive at approximately £85 for 5 litres but in my eyes worth it.
  • Matthew Decorator
    9 years ago
    Diamond Matt doesn't have a shine in comparison to eggshell which has a slight sheen BUT the problem is the Matt version covers terribly and think personally it's to-new as a product to use it. They need to refine it before I recommend it.

Worse coverage paint I have ever used...besides Farrow & ball.
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.