ajamesbennett

Cream Facade with rational windows.

ajamesbennett
11 years ago
Hi All,

I have a house with a cream facade ("Ivory Stone" is the exact colour) and have the 'orangey' coloured Rational wood window frames and door. The door and frames are fantastic and large but I have grown tired of the wood's colour and wish to change it.I was thinking french grey or white or possibly a dark grey on the windows and a red door. I am not set on window frames being the same colour as the door. As you can see I have a few differenct ideas but I just can't decide! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Byn the way it is not a very big house compared to some feartured on the site.

ciao,

Andy

Comments (3)

• TanCalGal
    11 years ago
    Photos of house? Here's "cream" with gray. And a "cream" with white. Are these better than yours? Idea: change color of front door to harmonize with the trim and see if you like that?
    patio · More Info
  • ajamesbennett
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Hi All - have uploaded a photo of the house now and lookng for any ideas on door colour and window frames. I am thinking French Grey (greeny-grey) with the sills and band across the centre of th house painted the same cream colour that the house is. ciao Andy
  • TanCalGal
    11 years ago
    I found your house in your ideabook area.
    Usually I do not like to cut a house in half with painted trim, but I love this house I found. The inner windows R painted white but I'd paint all windows, sills, trim & band across house, that enchanting French-gray-green. The house in photo seems more buff than cream.
    Architecture Walk: Exterior Styles and Palettes · More Info

Here's a technique for finding the perfect paint color: http://www.lindaholtinteriors.com/2011/07/testing-wall-color-101/
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.