calvincraiglandscaping

Uploading high-resolution photos don't look high-resolution

Calvin Craig Landscaping Design-Build
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago
Has anyone else had this problem? I'm trying to upload some photos that look high definition on my computer screen, but when I put them on house they get pixelated and blurry. I have attached a sample image, the dimensions are 4320x2432, and a comparison of how the image looks on houzz on different browsers. The photo was taken on a smart phone, is there a chance this has to do with metadata or something? Or is this a problem with Houzz resizing the image? Could it have something to do with the atypical aspect ratio? (smart phone photos are typically widescreen instead of the usual 3:2)

The problem only really shows up when you are looking at the images nearly full screen, does anyone look at images full screen?

I tried asking this question of Houzz customer service and they've been no help at all. They are usually so helpful.

Comments (29)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.