houzzerpolls

POLL: Halloween Decorations

Houzz Polls
10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago
Halloween is near and we want to know how you decorate your home!

Vote for your favorite Halloween accessory. To enter into the drawing to win your very own pair of Houzz Slippers, post a comment and tell us about the spookiest house in your neighborhood. If you have your decorations up, post a photo of your decked out home too!

*One entry per person, per drawing. Entries must be posted before 12:00am Pacific Time 10/20/13. One winner will be drawn at random.
Other - Tell us Below!

Comments (110)

• fzypchz
    10 years ago
    Here are my decorations this year...
  • fzypchz
    10 years ago
    I like contemporary horror characters.
  • lilion
    10 years ago
    All of the above! You can't have too much in my opinion. Here's our display last year. We get lots of comments, but sadly our street doesn't get many trick or treaters.
  • lilion
    10 years ago
    One more close up of my "wind chimes". And the fountain was full of eyeballs, spider rings and rubber bats. I let kids take a creepy treat in addition to candy.
  • lilion
    10 years ago
    And 2011...Gosh this is making me want to get to decorating!
  • Rizwana Alam
    10 years ago
    i like it
  • rwboy
    10 years ago
    Love the dry ice idea
  • Wild Hare
    10 years ago
    My daughter is scary..
  • Carolyn Olive
    10 years ago
    I just decorate in fall pumpkins and leaves and scarecrows and fall flowers.
  • silverscreenstar
    10 years ago
    Canadian here. Our Thanksgiving Day is tomorrow. Going to worry about the ghosts and goblins when Thanksgiving is over! Really like the dry ice and the antique cauldron!
  • Carol Catlin
    10 years ago
    My 3 year old made the pumpkin for her teacher. We decorated our mailbox today.
  • judithahall
    10 years ago
    I only do Fall decorating now. When my children were young, I would always do a large Halloween project on the front porch. We don't have any young children on our block, so I've decided that doing only Fall is nicer and just as much fun. I always use lots of pumpkins, mums, large gourds and make a new Fall wreath for the front door each year. I love finding new arrangements for the pumpkins and co. , and searching the net or my brain for a great wreath design is a new challenge each year. I can leave all of this in place until a bit after Thanksgiving before replacing it with Christmas!
  • suzanne_m
    10 years ago
    As I can see above, lots of scary ideas. Mine is not scary but I like to sculpt pumpkins using patterns bought at the store. I try to get more challenging ones every year.
  • PRO
    Crimson Design & Construction
    10 years ago
    I love all of the above! I love Halloween!!
  • San Maz
    10 years ago
    Great ideas of warped minds:)
  • Judith Harwell
    10 years ago
    For several years we have experienced this Halloween spider attack. The neighbor kids love it.
  • PRO
    Michele Sherritt
    10 years ago
    Not sure what part of Canada Silverscreenstar is from but the last I heard Halloween up north was still on Oct 31st.
  • w1ylw1cw
    10 years ago
    Neighborhood kids love my pair of guard lions, decorated appropriately for the season!
  • Rosanne
    10 years ago
    Judithharwell, OMG, I hate spiders! I got chills just looking at your photo!!!!!!
  • User
    10 years ago
    I think the best decorations make you feel like you are walking into a dream state. Colored lights, spider webs, and sureal scenes that make you feel a nervous floating feeling when you walk into it. I love the purple lights. We like to make it look like it is actuall home decor - just abandoned and haunted.
  • PRO
    EnvironmentalLights.com
    10 years ago
    LED Halloween lights are the way to go! Trick-or-treaters visit at night and what better way than to decorate with lights. EnvironmentalLights.com sells all kinds of LED lighting, including LED rope light and controllers to create spooky effects.

SALE going on right now - SAVE 10% on LED rope light! Coupon code "TREAT" at checkout.

http://enews.environmentallights.com/q/yvHsHB2WGOJBCqPE2epinARtlf8UumJFwhK4sQQco6qkL6wQrRBV4WPPd
  • sunnie2day
    10 years ago
    @Michele Sherritt - Canada celebrates their Thanksgiving in MID-October, not at the end of November as in the USA. Regional differences, don'cha know:)

Here in the UK, there is no Thanksgiving Day and I miss it. I always try to roast a big fat hen on the same day all the folks back in the States are doing a turkey (over here turkeys aren't usually in the grocery stores until closer to Christmas) and I try to get the street light cam from NYC online so I can see the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

Regional differences - gotta love 'em, they make the world go 'round:):)
  • Darcie
    10 years ago
    My favorites are our zombie flamingos. Always get comments on them!
  • PRO
    Larson
    10 years ago
    Having fun with the camera to add drama
  • ldipaola1
    10 years ago
    Pumpkins & mums & fall flower wreath on the door with a burlap bow - but I love passing by the houses with the ghosts in the trees; I jump almost every time!
  • PRO
    Signature Kitchen & Bath
    10 years ago
    Pumpkins are my favorite for Halloween. I think it's the fun of carving them that gets me!
  • Sharon Howe
    10 years ago
    I think the tombstones are clever and unique! They make we smile. PERFECT for a family with children!
  • PRO
    RE/MAX Services Boca Raton
    10 years ago
    I am having more and more fun every Halloween! Dollar Store and Deals are fabulous for inexpensive decorations. Tough to get our pumpkins here in South Florida and Boca too early as they just rot so I wait until a few days before. Happy Halloween y'all. PS...my RE/MAX office gets into the "spirit" bahaha.
  • User
    10 years ago
    dry ice fog, with jack o lanterns up the steps. 'spider webs' in the trees. headstones set up in the front yard; with candles in the windows. a white sheet hung on a tree branch looks like a ghost at night!
  • portiatake
    10 years ago
    Skeletons Educational too And Day of the Dead
  • Danielle Rozon
    10 years ago
    The spookiest house in our neighbourhood is spooky all year long. Never see anyone come or go, trees are overgrown, it's big and mysterious and very outdated.
  • 2bsmaller
    10 years ago
    I just LOVE pumpkin carving. I wish pumpkins were around longer in the UK.
  • Wens
    10 years ago
    The scariest house in our neighborhood has a huge Grimm Reaper on the front lawn (twice the size of the house in height). It has red eyes that glow...and they hung trash bags that look like dead bodies in the trees.
  • juliea80
    10 years ago
    Pumpkins, bales of hay and barrels of mums
  • pfitzpat
    10 years ago
    I love the skeletons' design...different than the traditional pumpkins setting.
  • sarj81
    10 years ago
    Pumpkins, pumpkins, some gourds, and more pumpkins. All colors, shapes, and sizes.
  • anna50
    10 years ago
    Love the moodiness and effects of dry ice.
  • 44lk
    10 years ago
    Traditional jack o'lanterns are awesome, but I also like to make the house look creepy with a murder of crows and rat silhouettes everywhere.
  • Marquita Tucker
    10 years ago
    I love adding spooky birds to the usual Halloween stuff. We have quite a collection of owls and ravens!
  • Jacqueline Pestano
    10 years ago
    Gotta love the pumpkins
  • sunnie2day
    10 years ago
    Pure Home, I love the cat pumpkins and the table legs with shoes and socks!
  • Samantha E
    10 years ago
    Our neighborhood isn't decorated yet but I can't wait for Halloween!
  • Reesi P
    10 years ago
    We have a long winding path to our front door that I make into a spooky path by making consecutive arches with lights , spider webs, skeletons and ghost. I always make it on Halloween day as a surprise for the neighborhood. We have pumpkins, gourds and mums decorating our front before then.
  • Leslie Godwin
    10 years ago
    A motion activated spider.which drops down and makes a frightening noise. Spooky but not too scary.
  • Davia Jewell
    10 years ago
    All the above!! Halloween in my favorite holiday! Besides Christmas lol
  • chloebud
    10 years ago
    Pure Home, love your pics. I've used the white pumpkins with bittersweet wrapped around them...so pretty. Your fun table legs made me think of this which I saw recently.
  • dkvhaus
    10 years ago
    Surrealistic Vignettes!
    I love the eeriness of haunted maze's vignettes. The authentic looking living room with strange lighting is like a weird dream- unsettling without gore!
    My most favorite scenes were from Mother Noose's Scary Tales maze at Knott's (Berry)Scary Farm,(2002)
  • Jeannie Nguyen
    10 years ago
    CONGRATULATIONS to Danielle Rozon for winning her very own pair of Houzz slippers! If you missed out on this one, don't worry, you still have some time left to you get your comments into our Flea Market Finds Poll!
    https://www.houzz.com/discussions/poll-favorite-flea-market-finds-dsvw-vd~693221
  • PRO
    Just Artifacts
    10 years ago
    See my Halloween decor at my place. I used the accessories from here http://www.justartifacts.net/halloween.html
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.