deoblue

Renovating 1953 house on an acreage need help with paint and crown mou

deoblue
10 years ago
We are redoing the house in a modern style but would like to try and keep a little bit of character from the current style. Any suggestions on what to do with the ceiling, moulding and paint? I want to do a fresh coat of paint right away because there is a hint of pink in everything. Should we do two tone colors to see the ceiling effect or just scrape the whole ceiling and start over?

Comments (2)

• PRO
    Dytecture
    10 years ago
    The pinkish carpets are really dating the rooms.
  • PRO
    L Decor Nanaimo
    10 years ago
    Removing the walls between the living room and entry would make the space feel larger and more modern. I would smooth out the popcorn ceilings. Redo the flooring, hardwood would be lovely with perhaps tile just at the entrance. I would suggest flat stock 5 inch baseboards painted Benjamin Moore Cloud White, paint the crown the same. With the extra light coming in from the entrance with the walls down you could paint the walls reverse pewter. If you have a fireplace, make that a focal point in the room, if not consider wall paper on the opposite wall of the front door, to give you a wow factor when you come in. Have fun!
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.