webuser_731583478

Herringbone flooring against curved stair finish?

Payal
23 days ago

Hi all, our builders are finishing the flooring in our house, a laminate herringbone. We got all the skirting removed apart from on one side, so the flooring could have a nice, hidden finish with skirting on top. We didn't want scotia or beading as the finished look, so asked our builders to do a silicone finish around the stair interface, old skirting length and fireplace hearth. We've just been to the house and seen that they went and installed scotia in these areas, and also didn't manage to get the curve around the stair - said it's too difficult because of the click fit of the laminate and that he can't do the curve. I can't have this as it is, does anyone have any ideas how to do the rounded edge and hide to the stair? And also how to finish against the other areas as well, while leaving enough room for expansion? Attached photo showing what they've done by the stair, and what the room with the fireplace looks like if it helps.

Comments (6)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.