webuser_511626372

Which brand makes the most durable stone resin tray

DMX
last month
last modified: last month

Hello,
I am trying to choose the best stone resin tray - my main criteria is the longest durability. I am planning to put an expensive Hüppe showerenclosure on it, so I want to buy a tray which will last very very long.I have narrowed the selection down to the following suppliers, kindly let me know whichbrand has the longest durability:
1) Zenon solid (Spain)
2) Duplach (Spain)
3) Ercos (Italy)
4) Acquabella (Italy)
I also think I could get:
5) Hüppe (Germany)
6) Duravit (I think Switzerland)
For 5) and 6) I am still waiting for the quotations, but I expect them to be very expensive.But anyway, if you really tell me that the quality is much better, then I will opt for the more expensive ones.Many thanks and I am really looking forward to your answers :-)

Comments (11)

• DMX
    Original Author
    last month

come on, nobody knows ?

• Isla Cherry
    last month

Maybe no answers because no one i know of including myself (5 houses so far) has ever had a problem with a shower tray. What sort of problems are you expecting? If you are worried German or Swiss make the best quality most items. i am going to try Lusso Stone next bathroom. I'm not sure where it is made. I would think about the taps or shower heads far more. Moving parts like cartridges hate hard water and constantly fail. Make sure your spare parts are readily available. Duravit is one of the best makes for bathrooms if you can afford it. I would buy a good quality tray but the best quality tap and shower head. Front mounted with hand showers are the easiest to service.

• DMX
    Original Author
    last month

Thanks a lot for your reply!

What I am worried about is purely the quality. And if I get problems with my tray, it would be necessary to remove the shower cubicle, which I don't know if it will survive. So, probably a new cubicle and I am not sure if it is possible to remove the shower tray without breaking any tiles...

What kind of problems am I afraid of ? Just google Hidrobox. Somebody was offering me the Hidrobox Neo tray. The reviews are devastating. It just gets cracks with time. A developer company is complaining, that in a new development with 20 flats where they have installed Hidrobox trays, 10 of them were defective :-( There are even photos of the defective trays. I have also ruled out 2-3 other brands because of similar negative reivews.

I bought a Duplach shower tray. It is my mistake, as I didn't read everything. When they delivered it, the drain valve cover turned out to be made of sprayed metal. This is not a durable material! With time it will certainly get scratches and will be impacted by corrosion. I didn't feel like returning it, because it is quite heavy and bulky, so I suddenly had an an idea - I found a very similar model that has the drain valve cover made of stainless steel. So maybe I could just order a new cover of stainless steel and keep my tray! I e-mailed Duplach. They answered: we are not dealing with end Customers. Talk to the company that you bought it from. So, with this behavior they shot themselves in the knee. I will NEVER again buy another Duplach product. Instead that they would be passionate about their products and open to provide a qualified advice and consultation - no, we will not talk to you. Just bother anyone else with the problems you are experiencing with OUR products!! When I have a little time, I will make sure to write my google review about this company...

Yes, I can get Duravit. But I read quite bad reviews about them, especially about toilets. And somebody wrote that Duravit is no longer in swiss hands. They had apparently been acquired by a turkish company or investor and they no longer care about the satisfaction of their Customers. The reviews are devastating.

So, I would now summarize my options like this:

1) Zenon solid (Spain)
    2) Hüppe (Germany)
    3) Ercos (Italy) -> Ercos also makes heating. Their Customers are not happy with their hearing solutions, but I was not able to find even a single comment about their shower trays.
    4) Acquabella (Spain) -> they are using their own material, called Akron.

Many thanks for sharing your comments on my thoughts.

• DMX
    Original Author
    last month

many thanks, Isla. I am looking forward to the outcome :-)

• DMX
    Original Author
    last month

hello, I contacted again a supplier I had been in talks with in the past. The reason was that they had offeted me a shower tray with 5 years warranty. It turned out it is Duplach.

I would say 5 years warranty is not offered by anyone else...

• Sarah L
    last month

My Mira resin stone tray has a 10 year warranty

• DMX
    Original Author
    last month

Great, just nobody offers me that brand.

@Isla Cherry - how is your research going on ? I am really looking forward to your reply :-) Thanks!

• Sarah L
    last month

You not here in the UK then? This is a UK forum. Mira products are widely available here. Their shower trays are made in the UK.

• DMX
    Original Author
    last month

No, I am not in the UK. And those suppliers are not available in my home country, so I cannot ask my people about it. And I don't speak the language of the destination country. So I don't know what to do, I am not in a good situation...

Of course when I ask in the shops, everybody is like: Yes yes, very very good quality, no reclamations, etc... But who would believe sales people ?

Of course I have the viable option to pay for Hüppe and have a piece of mind. And also to have consultation (and get spare parts) in my home country!

But honestly, what bugs me is, that Hüppe gives only 2 years of warranty and Duplach shower trays come with 5 years warranty. But also Duplach refused to talk to me. They only wrote me to talk to the supplier from whom I bought the shower tray and they did not give any consultation or product information... Which is really strange, I feel that the rejection is mutual now :-/

• DMX
    Original Author
    last month

Hello @Isla Cherry, any success on your research ? How is it going ?

Many thanks!

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.