ddo101

Rug for landing

ddo101
3 months ago

Hi all. Looking for opinions. I'm about to replace the original floorboards on my first floor landing as they are extremely uneven, loose, and squeaky after years of poor treatment. I considered plywood and new carpet as the carpet is quite worn now but have decided instead to install new oak flooring in a similar scheme to our ground floor. I don't want to completely lose warmth plus the kids like to roll around the floor before and after bath time, so think I will use area rugs as well. I am considering a custom cut area rug to evenly cover the space leaving a good amount of exposed oak floor around the perimeter, but think that may look a bit off. Alternatively, I'm considering two runners which would probably look better, but would leave less covering for the kids. Any thoughts?

Comment (1)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.