cambella

Turning indoor pool into shed.

cambella
3 months ago
last modified: 3 months ago

Hi there - would welcome any ideas from people with experience of sheds/outbuildings.

We have an indoor pool with breeze block walls on two sides, glass on one and then the final side and the roof made of corrugated plastic (1950s style!). We want to turn this building into a shed/storage/work space but at the moment it gets too damp for furniture/fabrics/paper/cardboard. We're in the North Scotland and would welcome any affordable ideas for roofing - and advice on whether we'd also need to insulate the walls (albeit only 3 of them as one is probably staying glass). Would be a great space if only it didn't get damp!

(ps there's no water in the pool so this is not the reason for the damp - I think it's just constant change in temp with sun and cold). Many thanks in advance

Comments (4)

• Isla Cherry
    3 months ago

I have no doubt that this is possible but not simple. You will have to insulate the breeze block heavily, probably replace the glass as insulated walls and leaky glass (you don't mention if it is double glazing) do not work together. Are you looking for flat roof coverings or is it pitched?

• cambella
    Original Author
    3 months ago

it's slightly pitched, and single glazed where glass

• Isla Cherry
    3 months ago

You might need more help with this than you think. It will need to be heated and filing in a pool is extremely expensive. Just do a lot of research. Anything is possible but not everybody has a bottomless pit of money.

• cambella
    Original Author
    3 months ago

no going to fill the pool - just put hard top on it. I thinka roof will make a real difference. Also potentially cladding the outside with wood...

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.