colum81

Exterior Remodel suggestions for 1970's detached

colum81
4 months ago

Hi, would love to hear any feedback please on this idea?

Comment (1)

• Isla Cherry
    3 months ago

To achieve that would be very costly indeed. The roof is a different pitch, probably not allowed as it's higher. The windows are also not set directly under the fascia boards in your image and lowering them if it's even possible is another expensive job. You could clad the render and consider painting or rendering and painting the brickwork. I think new windows would really change the look of the house. Modern aluminium ones in a dark grey like your image. A smarter front door would also help to lift the appearance. This would depend on how much light you might lose from a solid door instead of the glass one. Your computer image does not include the drainage items like gutters and downpipes. Maybe consider moving the downpipe around the corner but this might not be possible. I also think some type of downlighters in the same position as your image would improve the front elevation.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.