chris_wood9682

Snug room layout

Christopher Wood
4 months ago

Hi all

We have recent bought our 'forever home'. Each room is in need of refurbishment and we thought we'd start with this room as a 'snug.

We would like a 'modern yet traditional' and cosy vibe with green or dark blue painted wood panelling a 'bookcase wall', woodburning stove and inbuilt TV.

The room would have been the kitchen when the house was built and has a huge hearth which we are finding difficult to plan around to fit our initial ideas.

I was initial;ly thinking of having a woodburner in the hearth with a TV above but am not sure how well this would work. Other thoughgts would be to offset the woodburner in order to fill in some of the hearth and have a lower TV or even building the TV into a 'bookcase wall' opn the opposite side of the room or the wall with the door.

I would love any suggestions or layouit ideas / pictures of your own rooms for inspiration.

Thank you so much!

I have attached pictures (sorry for all the mess!) and a rough plan of the dimensions..

Comments (7)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.