agilandscapes

Garden Rescue on the TV

AGI Landscapes
5 months ago
last modified: 5 months ago

I am getting so fed up with people bigging up garden rescue on the TV, as a quick makeover for a budget like changing rooms used to be OK.

But the quality of the workmanship in my opinion is not going to last past a year, and most of the construction they do is not up to building standards.

I have seen some very good skills from the landscapers as in walling etc, but, things like footings, preparation and health and safety are far from industry standard required.

As for budgets, these in my opinion are far from realistic as the materials could not be purchased for these prices, they must be getting a lot donated for the advertising. I understand that the budget is meant for materials only and not labour, but even with a trade discount I could not get close for all the hard and soft materials.

I think people should be made aware on the show that this is not the true cost for doing the job correctly and should put up the prices they are paying for the products like some other shows do.

This is not helping the professional trade and giving a false impression of the real cost of landscaping a garden.

Comments (8)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.