jamie_hall6

Polyflor Camaro in the kitchen?

Jamie Hall
6 months ago

Hello,

I've been considering putting down Polyflor Camaro in my kitchen and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience in terms for how well it cleans up if you spill food on it? My last LVT floor unfortunately has now got a stain in it and needs replacing so just wanted to make sure it's the right floor for the job!

reference to the range: https://flooringking.co.uk/lvt-flooring/polyflor-lvt/camaro/

Comments (4)

• Alex Burnett
    5 months ago
    last modified: 5 months ago

Camaro is a great budget LVT, but NEVER use a steam mop on it! These are only suitable for stone/ceramic tile surfaces. Keep a pack/part pack, if you ever have a disaster it's very possible to replace some tiles to afford a repair, much more 'doable' than most types of hard floor.

• Alex Burnett
    5 months ago
    last modified: 5 months ago

31 years in the flooring trade and the Reps for Amtico, Karndean, Polyflor, Moduleo and such like have for many years been asking retailers to ensure customers are'nt using steam mops on their products. Laminate, Engineered and Solid Floor manufacturers much the same, does'nt stop the Steam Mop suppliers showing their products cleaning such products on the adverts.

It's in Black and White on Karndean and Amtico's websites NOT to use steam mops, I don't know of any manufacturers or distributors in the trade that say steam mops are ok to use on LVT.

• Alex Burnett
    5 months ago

I don't like being 'that' person, but when advice given may damage peoples floor, here is the screen shot from Karndean and Amtico's websites in their care section.

Please don't use Steam Mops or cleaners on LVT people.

• Jonathan
    5 months ago

I stand corrected by Alex about using a steam mop and so have removed my earlier comments that said he was mistaken. I will however say in my defence that Karndean have advised me directly that a steam mop is fine and I have used one for many years with very good results, no damage and yet in a previous house when I regularly used the cleaner supplied by the manufacturer I never felt they were very effective and they left a surface film that often looked scratched. I have never had this scratched appearance having stopped using chemical cleaners and used a steam mop instead.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.