webuser_71660

sun tunnels VS just a daylight on a sensor??

Tani H-S
6 months ago
last modified: 6 months ago

I'm based near Blackpool/Preston and want to bring extra light into an internal GF room - soon to be the kitchen.

It's in the middle of a GF flat but we own the whole building and above us is another room (with the roof space above that). The room has one large window but it's on the side of our alley (with next door's building opposite so no light there) and it only gets some filtered limited sun through late afternoon as it faces South.

What are the options for sun tunnels? it's not straight forward but I'm having trouble finding a speciliast near us. Can anyone help?

- Alternatively, as the panels on the ceiling will just look like lights (as you can't see the sky through them anyway!!) would daylight sensor panels be a better/cheaper alternative?? ie so they light up when someone is in the room during the day but can be switched off at night over to the ambient and normal kitchen lighting??

Any other suggestions?

thank you

Comments (4)

• Tani H-S
    Original Author
    6 months ago

This is the space - X being the room we need more natural light in. It's currently a dining room but may make it a kitchen. That room and the one next to it to the right is a 2 storey extension with loft space. There is potential to have it coming internally somewhere through the floor as we are renovating so that is a possible option 🤞

• tim_baker921
    5 months ago

GF

GF?

• Tani H-S
    Original Author
    5 months ago

Ground floor 😉

• tim_baker921
    5 months ago

Not girlfriend then. 😛 Artificial light is the way to go. Clever lighting experts can hide lights in window reveals to make it look like the light is natural.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.