webuser_71660

Alter ensuite to get full head height around the bed?

Tani H-S
7 months ago

Another awkward room - loft bedroom which the new bathroom is being fitted from 2nd October and I haven't decided on the space or bought anything yet so still time to alter it 😂.
Currently has shower room in the only part of the room that has full head height.
Computer images are the room without the ensuite in to give a clear idea of the space.
Avatar is where the head height ends ie so you have 2.6m width of room that is head height space.
I've shown in the pic where the bed used to be which was restricted head height (headboard against the entry door wall).
Need to keep the shower in the left side alcove because all the pipes run down the chimney wall and go out the back due to joists. But the shape can be changed to give more floor space to walk around. Wc needs to either go left wall or on stud wall.
Was thinking of using the corner ie diamond shape instead to give more floor space but really struggling.
Basically we either change the bathroom or eventually put a dormer on and the latter is going to cost a heck of a lot more!!
Tried allsorts in my head to get a double bed in with walk around both ways so this is my last chance.
(adding more pics below!)

Comments (8)

• Tani H-S
    Original Author
    7 months ago

More pics Inc my sketch of the current bathroom layout which is a nice space (not as wide as I've drawn though, lol!) but it takes up most of the room and can't be relocated.

• Tani H-S
    Original Author
    7 months ago

Actually I've given up. It doesn't work matter what I do.

Short of spending thousands on a dormer, I can't see another way of having the bed with full head height and having the bathroom in that corner 😔

Even thought about putting the shower in window area but the pipework won't work

• Tani H-S
    Original Author
    7 months ago

potentially, We are planning on moving the wc nearer the shower so that the other wall can at some point have a door put into it. I will see what the plumber and joiner say when they come next week as hadn't planned on moving all the walls around in the job haha

• Eileen Nixon
    7 months ago

You could always advertise it as a desirable residence for people who are vertically challenged!

• Tani H-S
    Original Author
    7 months ago

He he, yes I could 🤣

• Eileen Nixon
    7 months ago

I can’t see from the photo if the end of the bed protrudes beyond the slope, so why don’t you turn the bed around so the head is where the end of the bed is now, then put up a shelf/cabinet pointing into the room to use as a bed head for books etc. just a thought, it could look good depending on the finish. The same type of idea as a console table behind a sofa if you follow my drift.

• Tani H-S
    Original Author
    7 months ago

Hi Eileen

That means the bed head would be in the middle of the room but it would still be the same issue with access so wouldn't benefit from the change sadly.

I've kind of given up with it now and accepted that unless we pay for a dormer to be put on, then it's just a quirky bedroom 🙈

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.