mrswruthm

Problem with white painted walls.

mrswruthm
7 months ago

We have white washable paint on our walls - Dulux Easycare Washable and Tough. After a few weeks we noticed some black lines showing through the paint horizontally across the wall at waist height. This was on two seperate sides of the same wall. the decorator said they must have been marked when furniture was moved and painted over both walls. within a couple of weeks the lines reappeared. we think it is highly unlikely that the walls were marked in the way suggested one wall is in hallway and the otherside of it is in dining room. when I tried to wash them of it did seem as if the marks are something coming through the paint rather than ontop of the paint, is this possible? any ideas of the cause and how to rectify this issue would be greatly received.. i should also point out that we live in an openplan maisonette so if we need to change the paint and it is a different shade or texture, our whole home would need to be repainted!

Comments (7)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.