webuser_966940105

Akwrds and useless corner above stairs

Kinga Bardocz
9 months ago

We have this really useless corner in our master bedroom that the previous owner covered in cheap laminate and put his TV there. We don't want a telly in there, but the space is practically wasted as the walls are not strong enough to hold any shelves, it's above the ground approximately knee high. Any suggestions how to make use of it...?

Comments (8)

• User
    9 months ago

Why do you say you can't fit shelves? If it's a stud wall, you can use plasterboard fixings like these.

• User
    9 months ago

Or screw supports into the studs

• User
    9 months ago

Or screw supports into the studs

• Sonia
    9 months ago

Shelves would be great, or put a door on it to make a cupboard. Why exactly can’t you screw into the walls?

• Kinga Bardocz
    Original Author
    9 months ago

Thank you both, I keep saying we can but hubby is a bit reluctant ( he's not exactly a diy god😂😂)
    I've been thinking shelves myself! Good to have a reassuring opinion!

• siobhanmcgee90
    9 months ago

Agree, it’s crying out for shelving and get rid of the laminate if you can.

• User
    9 months ago

You can always do it yourself Kinga. Women can DIY too!

• PRO
    Peach Studio
    9 months ago

Shelves would defiantly work in the space. If you are worried about attaching shelves directly to the wall you can build a full unit with shelves to fit into the space. That would also help to hide the laminate.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.