aaron_kroll5

Downstairs toilet relocation and general layout

Aaron kroll
9 months ago

Hi all.
This is our current house floorplan. The downstairs bedroom (formally a garage) is no longer used for that purpose so we are no longer needing the attached ensuite. We would still like to have a downstairs toilet but are unsure where is easiest/best. We would like to move the toilet away from that end of the house as the front window gives us good light and seems a waste to use that on a w/c. The former bedroom is currently not really used as we are also unsure what to do with it. Suggestions have been to move the kitchen to where the bedroom is and move a toilet to the right side of the current kitchen. Could this work?
Any help and ideas would be great.

Comments (2)

• User
    9 months ago

Moving the downstairs toilet depends on the position of the soil pipes for the upstairs toilets. The former bedroom could be a dining room or study. I think it's better to have the kitchen at the rear.

• chloeloves
    9 months ago

I disagree as it looks like your kitchen is sandwiched between the conservatory and the redundant bedroom and probably gets very little natural light. The fact that the kitchen appears to be roughly below the upstairs en-suite suggests this could be turned into a utility and cloakroom without too much soil pipe issues but I would get builder input. You could then have your kitchen in the space currently used by bathroom and bedroom. Access to this save could be to right of bottom of stairs so you access the kitchen space opposite the lounge. This would give you space to run units under the front window for your sink. Also when entering the new kitchen you would have a sight line to the conservatory and garden and wouldn’t have to go through lounge to get to kichen. Hope this helps!

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.