webuser_857233681

Changing pulls to knobs on mdf kitchen

Paul
10 months ago

Hi there,

I am just finishing a house renovation . Unfortunately I dislike the pull handles I’ve picked out, as they are too big and dominating for the kitchen and the space.

Is it possible to remove the handles and patch up some of the holes so that I can replace with small knobs?

I have a foil (vinyl) wrapped mdf kitchen. I got it done in a custom farrow and ball matched colour. would using some kind of filler and the relevant f&b paint work? i am thinking this will form blotches when painting over the filler, and may not look right vis a vis the foil?

i mean i could also reorder all the doors, but this would cost rather a lot of money.

Comments (2)

• Sonia
    10 months ago

I doubt filling some of the holes and painting them would do a satisfactory job. Could you have the door holes filled then get the doors re-wrapped? This is very popular for kitchen doors and other furniture. My daughter recently had this done with her bedroom furniture and it looks very good. There are companies who do this service. I’m not sure of the cost.

• Paul
    Original Author
    10 months ago

thanks for this Sonia. i’ll check if doing it via a service like this is any cheaper than reordering new doors 🤔

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.