jason_ni_2022

Moving etiquette

Jason W
last year

So I'm in process of packing, and there are some rawl plugs in the wall after taking personalised dog lead holders etc down.
Should I just paint over the rawl plugs, leave as is with a screw in them
Or remove the plug and polyfill and touch up with paint?
Or are any of the above acceptable?

Comments (6)

• Jason W
    Original Author
    last year

Example plug!

• Ricky Watkins
    last year

I removed plugs polyfiled holes then sanded &  painted when we moved every picture or fitting. But I've seen loads just leave everything when moving holes everywhere 👎🏻

• Ruth House
    last year

My parents always spend so long making good their walls before they move out. I have never taken their lead I have to admit, and have never been lucky enough to move in where someone else has gone to that effort. I would say don't bother and don't worry ;-)

• Sonia
    last year

I wouldn’t bother. You’ve got enough to sort out without worrying about a few screw holes.

• Jonathan
    last year

I think it depends…… if you have left several holes (perhaps if you had taken down shelves with ten holes close to each other) that couldn’t possibly be hidden short term by a picture then you should repair.

In this case someone can use the hole or cover it with a picture until they are ready to redecorate. Leave the rawl plug in because it’s useful, and removal could cause damage

• Alex Willson
    2 months ago
    last modified: 2 months ago

Hey! I think that moving to a new place can be a hassle, right? When it comes to those pesky rawl plugs, I'd say it depends on how much effort you wanna put in. Painting over them could work if they blend in, but removing and patching might give you a cleaner finish. Personally, I'd go for the polyfill and touch-up option for a smoother look. Oh, and speaking of moves, last time I used residential movers, and they were a game-changer! Took so much stress off my plate. Might be worth considering if you're feeling overwhelmed.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.