webuser_504921996

Unsightly chimney!

Sophie Joe
last year

I would like some suggestions to disguise this chimney. I don't like the brown brickwork either. The chimney is for a gas boiler in the kitchen so I dont think I can remove it (which would be my ideal). I thought of cladding and rendering but not sure how cladding will look sat over it. Just as noticable probably. Anyone else had this issue or have any ideas?

Comments (2)

• Jen
    last year

I rather like the chimney (not so keen on the aerial perched on it, though) - it adds character to your house. Perhaps you could plant some greenery in the front garden? Shrubs would work well with the brown brickwork and would help to soften the look.

• Sophie Joe
    Original Author
    last year

Thank you Jen, I plan to do the garden when i move in but really dont like the exterior of the actual house...

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.