jonny63

En-suite wet room - thoughts on design?

jonny63
last year

We are due to have our en-suite bathroom renovated next month and whilst we're relatively settled on the design, we have one or two minor reservations. First and foremost, here are the drawings / renders:

We've already made a couple of minor changes to the above designs; namely a bespoke mirror to run the full length between the shower screen and far wall, the basin and swapping the standard drain for a tiled one.

The question we're having is this; is it lacking in contrast and therefore, is it a bit bland? Here are some photos of the tiles in question; in the main Bottega Caliza with Bottega Caliza Spiga on the back wall (the first two photos are similar in that sense, albeit slightly smaller than our en-suite by the looks of it):

Bottega Caliza & Spiga

Bottega Caliza

Close-up of Bottega Caliza Spiga

The inspiration for the basin on the shelf came largely from this Houzz project (and whilst the drawings don't show it, it will have some subtle lighting):

Stunning Bathroom with Vola Fittings & Beautiful Details · More Info

Now, this is clearly a very high-end bathroom and whilst our project is by no means being done on the cheap, I accept we are different budgetary levels. The shelf is planned to be tiled in the same tile as the bulk of the walls, but as I alluded to above there is a LOT of that material.

As I'm writing and looking at the pictures I'm aware that there's something not quite right, and I do think it's the overwhelming lack of contrast. I just can't conclude what the solution is.

Any thoughts massively appreciated!

Thanks!

Comments (8)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.