morsenet

cost of tiling a floor

morsenet
last year

We have a floor area of 60 sqm to tile. We are using a porcelain tile and having got a quote a few months ago, the tiler has said he made a mistake with his labour quote. He had said £2000 labour charge but has said it will now be £3000 basing this on £50 per sqm. We are wondering if he is just upping the cost and chancing his hand, or is the cost reasonable and he just made a mistake with the original quote? Entirely possible, but how would we know?
He will be removing old ceramic tiles first, screeding or crack mats and then tiling. I think our issue is one of trust and confidence. On the face of it, the chap is personable and appears to be competent.

As ever with these things, we did have others around but then they never came back with quotes. This guy did and now we are at critical point in a project….of course!

Thoughts please, if you would.

Comment

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.