webuser_712029189

Sideways bank sloping into triangular corner garden

Kathy Marche
last year
last modified: last year

Hi allWe're desperate for suggestions! We have a sideways sloping bank into the point of our triangular shaped garden. Building up to level the corner isn't an option due to neighbouring houses. How can we landscape this?!! It's a shady corner with clay soil. Our only thought is to fill it with plants but we don't want it to become too wild and thus neglected

Comments (4)

• Kathy Marche
    Original Author
    last year

It's hard to tell from the up close photos but it's a steep bank

• Daisy England
    last year

I would plant some colourful bushes all along.

• PRO
    The Rooted Concept Garden Designs
    last year

Hi there,

Another option would be to put up a retaining wall in the front (the lowest bit of the slope) to create a raised planting bed.

If you are going to plant it up as it is just watch out that you select plants that not only tolerate the shade and caly soil, but that also can be planted on a slop (dogwood shrubs is an option for example).

All the best,

Deborah

deborahbiasoli@gmail.com

• Sonia
    last year

I too would add planting in front of the shrubs you already have. Something shorter like Hebe or Cistus. Keeping them watered initially can be a challenge due to the slope but it looks like the shrubs you have are doing well. It really depends on your budget, as Deborah suggests, you could build a retaining wall at the bottom of the slope and fill in the gap with soil and then plant it up.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.