webuser_457259846

Living Room Design & Layout

Matt Walker
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hi everyone. So we'd like to redecorate our living room and make it more 'homely.' I'm after some help figuring out how to position everything.I've created the room on sketch up so you can see what we are working with - it's a bit of an awkward shape / position. The fireplace is currently covered up and we have a TV unit along that wall with the TV on top (it's a large 72 inch) I've left a gap at one end which is where the window is, which has a radiator underneath it, otherwise the wall sections either side are to scale. Note the pipes to the right in the corner (which we could box in?) We don't really want the TV on the end wall opposite the window as it gets a lot of sunlight through it, so I think the only option is to have it on the wall where the fireplace is, but we would like to utilise the fireplace, likely only for either an electric heater, or even just a feature. We also need to get a sofa in, a small table (that can get 4 people round, so a square one would work) and any storage we can. All needs to be toddler friendly, we have an 18 month old. Any suggestions most welcome!

Comments (4)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.