poppyhamilton

Duration of rat removal solutions

poppyhamilton
2 years ago

I’m planning to hire this rat pest control service that seals entry points with gnaw-proof materials and barriers. But I’m wondering how long rat removal solutions would last. Will I need it monthly or just twice a year? Let me know, please. Thanks!

Comments (4)

• Sonia
    2 years ago

I had rats in my garden (I feed the birds) and I read that they hate the smell of peppermint oil. I knew where the burrow was so I got some oil, soaked some cotton wool in it and then placed them at the entrances to their burrow. I haven’t seen a rat since. It may be an option to try before calling in pest controllers? I got the oil from Amazon. At least it’s safe to wildlife and children.

• Daisy England
    2 years ago

Sonia’s suggestions sounds fabourable and cost effective. I would ask the company who you intend to use regarding the expiry date if you decide to use them.

• R P
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

I've learned from my Kitchen fitter that they hate any kind of change. You can block holes around garden fences and wall etc. thus disturbing their usual routes. Spraying Jeyes fluid along their runs is also effective - like peppermint, they detest the smell. You can, for a week, stop feeding the birds and restrict access to water (if you have a pond, put a mesh over it) and they will move on. Good luck!

• Alz0 Torren
    8 days ago

Just stumbled upon your post and wanted to share my two cents on the rat removal question. When it comes to these pesky critters, patience and persistence are key. It can take some time to see a noticeable decrease in rat activity, especially when dealing with larger infestations.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.