webuser_202780775

Problems with Caesarstone natural or honed finishes ?

Ally Mcrobbie
2 years ago

I have Oxidian caesarstone natural finish[satin sheen] from the new dark series.I am aware that there just only 5 colours in this in this finish.

I am having trouble with cleaning mine as it has a waxy film on the surface which is noticeable when wet with has blotches/lines/fingerprints.When dry dirt is then attracted to these areas.makig the surface gruppy and unkempt I have had this fitted now for over 3 months following the recommended care and cleaning maintenance.I am aware that dark/honed surface are prone to showing fingerprints and other signs of daily living but would expect them to be removed with water and mild detergent/rinsed then dried with a paper towel as advised.

HELP.. am i the only one having this problem or had i been unlucky with a faulty batch?

Comments (2)

• hedgehog99
    2 years ago

Hi Ally, I don't have Caesarstone but 100% feel your pain as we've just been through a very similar situation with Dekton (Cosentino). TBH it's been three months of nightmare as Cosentino claimed there was nothing wrong with it (I'm afraid my opinion of them now is that they are cowboys), but we went through our fitters to get it sorted (which eventually resulted in them refinishing the surface of our worktop). We've now finally been able to draw a line under the whole sorry episode but it's been very stressful.

I would advise you to carefully read the Consumer Rights Act and write down all the reasons why your worktop is not satisfactory to you/fit for purpose. To my mind the number one attribute of a kitchen worktop is that it is hygienic and easy to clean, it sounds very much like yours isn't. It also needs to meet the description given in the marketing literature, and again it sounds like that isn't the case. Once you've got your arguments together, contact your worktop retailer in writing. There are template letters available online (Consumer Rights Association website I think). You need to go through the retailer rather than the manufacturer as that's how Act works. Good luck!

• PRO
    The Surface Collection
    2 years ago

Hi Ally,

We are stone suppliers based in Greater Manchester, and although we don't sell Caesarstone, we do sell our own range of Silkstone Quartz. We would be happy to offer you some advice for cleaning and maintaining your worktops;

With Quartz, it is important to avoid using cleaning products that contain harsh chemicals like bleach, chlorine, and oils. Typically, you can use a damp cloth and a mild soapy solution and wipe dry with a soft cloth to clean your Quartz. However, if this is not working for you, you can purchase Quartz specific cleaners.

There is some more information on our blog here:

https://thesurfacecollection.co.uk/looking-after-your-surfaces/ 

If this still isn't working for you, we recommend getting in touch with your Fabricator or Caesarstone directly for more advice :)

Many thanks,

The Surface Collection

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.