jenna_greenwood24

Can anyone else see what's wrong with this ?

Pineapple
2 years ago

I had a floor put in (the herringbone one) which i hate. I am struggling to find a new one (straight plank) so decided to paint the internal doors including these bi-folds into the kitchen white. By doing this I created a new problem. It just doesn't look right to me. The doors look flimsy and the room looks disconnected and visually not right. When the doors are all shut it feels like it looks fine but the middle door is so small and awkward to get in and out of. Please can anyone suggest anything? I've considered a single door but I'm worried it will make my kitchen seem small or even bring the wall in slightly and have double doors with an architrave but I run the risk of it still having that problem. The floor in the kitchen needs to stay the same (as I am having engineered wood in the hallway (the room you see with the herringbone floor). Please help!

Comments (18)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.