pickledpigtails

1950s bungalow loft extension advice

pickledpigtails
2 years ago

We moved into a 1950s bungalow which needs some renovation, a couple of years ago and are desperate to add some much needed space. We would love to be able to go up to take advantage of views of the garden and spaces around but only have a budgte of £50,000. Any ideas or examples that anyone would like to share? Thank you

Comments (3)

• PRO
    i-architect
    2 years ago

Depending on the size of the bungalow and how easy it is to extend upwards, and where you are in the country your budget sounds like it should be possible to go up and create the additional space you need.

Something that will help you is my free 5 Day Get Ready To Redesign Your Home Challenge that I'm running in the first week of December. You can join in using the link below.

This will help you start to design your vision for your home, which will help you figure out how to extend.

It's helped many previous participants in the week save tens of thousands on their house extension project and is the best way to start your house extension project in a way that will avoid you making an expensive mistake or regretting a missed opportunity.

You also get access to me daily for Q&As so I can help you with further questions during the week.

Here is the link to join the 5 day challenge: https://www.i-architect.co.uk/readytoredesign.html

pickledpigtails thanked i-architect
  • pickledpigtails
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thanks. Have signed up. We’re in the London Borough of Bromley.

• PRO
    GJ Design and Build Ltd
    2 years ago

Hi pickledpigtails, how many sqm are you thinking to add? Could you share any photos of your property?

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.