speg94

What is the best external cladding to pair with hamstone?

Edward Brown
2 years ago

I am currently renovating this property and want to replace the existing cedar shingles with something more contemporary, but still in-keeping with the hamstone on the lower half of the build.

I'm not keen on the red hue of cedarwood and had originally thought of a darker, stained/burnt timber but am now wondering if a lighter colour may work better with the hamstone? I am happy to consider both natural or composite timber.

All ideas welcomed!

Existing shingles shown below:-

The back of the house gets the prevailing rain so this cladding will discolour faster than that front if a natural timber is used:-

Planned elevations shown below; the side and back walls are likely to be rendered in a light colour with hamstone quoins:

Comment (1)

• rinked
    2 years ago

"the side and back walls are likely to be rendered in a light colour with hamstone quoins"

there's your answer :)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.