hemangi_ullal

landscape advise

Hemangi Ullal
2 years ago

I would like paving tiles to be at the same level with indoor flooring so that I can have seamless inside out .I am not sure how I can achieve it . To do that paving tiles will have to come at the level of damp proof membrane of my extension. Someone told me that if I put aco at the threshold of indoors and outdoors I will be able to raise patio level . I am not sure if it will be safe and won’t violate regulations ?
Please can anyone suggest how do I achieve this .

Comments (7)

• User
    2 years ago

What is aco?

• Hemangi Ullal
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Aco is linear channel drain

• Ricky Watkins
    2 years ago

Need to think of airflow too, is your house wooden or concrete floor.

• Hemangi Ullal
    Original Author
    2 years ago

It’s concrete floor.I was told that usually paving is done 15cms below damp proof membrane .There are so many beautiful images showing inside and outside of the house at the same level.I don’t know how was it achieved

• lesleycurrant
    2 years ago

Hi, we did this with our sliding glass doors, we laid a new internal floor at the same time, and put underfloor heating in. The doors are from Express Bifolds and came with a particular set of tracks that are designed for a seamless look. Inside the builders added a membrane that effectively tanked the internal flooring up to the doors framework, and we used the same large porcelain tiles inside and out. Not cheap and not easy, but it was something we really wanted, so we went for it :) we also have an acco right next to the track on the outside ;)

• Hemangi Ullal
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thanks for sharing. Looks like aco drain and waste pipe outlet is must .Someone also suggested french drain all along the paving .
    There has been so much mixed opinion on level of damp proof membrane and level of paving stones.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.