neha_kumar69

underfloor hearing

Nekul
2 years ago

Hi guys, a question for Londoners! We are buying a new house. Having lived away overseas for almost all our lives, we are new to owning a house in London. We are planning underfloor heating for our entire home because we don’t like the look of radiators in the house and they do take away the space that can be better utilised by putting furniture etc. I have heard varied views on heated flooring - some say that it doesn’t work well with wood or even carpet. What’s accurate? Our architect is recommending engineered wood but I would love to hear from home owners to share their unbiased experiences pls so we get the right guidance before we go through the pain and spend £££s. Thank you in advance.

Comment (1)

• arc3d
    2 years ago

The term "under floor heating" covers many types of systems let alone how they're designed and the workmanship of their installers.

If the right system is designed correctly and installed competently, under floor heating is a great way to heat your home.

However the negative experiences are usually from people who have selected the wrong system, not had it designed correctly or it has not been installed correctly. The worst experiences are from people who have got it wrong in all three.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.