webuser_643101067

Help needed to update the look of my home exterior

HU-643101067
2 years ago

I'm carrying out some major renovation works inside my home but I also need to address the exterior for these reasons:

- windows need replacing very soon,

- roof needs attention due to it's age, and we're putting a new master suite up there as well so some changes will need to be made to it,

- we're moving the front door to where the bottom left window is now (as you look at the house) to make better use of the internal space,

- the porch is leaking and it's a bit of an eyesore (so will be removed completely)

- we intend to landscape the hardstanding in the near future with new driveway and planting.

It seems that an exterior renovation that takes everything into account is where we should be headed, but if we're going to spend the money I want to make it count!

We'd like a mixture of render and cladding but my main problem is what to do with the bay windows. I don't know how we'd make them look more modern. Is it possible to change the shape of them? Any other ideas we could look into?

All advice greatly received. Thank you so much!

Comments (16)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.