smita_patil46

porcelain paving slabs mixing different colors and batches

3 years ago

Hi there,

Please let me know if it is okay to mix porcelain paving slabs for my long patio and achieve black and white checks by mixing light gray and black paving slabs? is this okay to do? I tried looking ideas in pinterest but mostly everyone use patio slabs of same color and do not mix them.

Comments (3)

• 3 years ago

Don’t do it! There is a reason why you can’t find examples on Pinterest and that’s because it’s not a great look. At a push you could edge all round with one colour and fill in with the other, but again I’m not sure. If you want to add some colour or interest some people use outdoor rugs. They are tough and can be left out in the rain.

• 3 years ago

Thanks. Not sure why they dont mix. checks will look nice?

• 3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I like the first one laid at an angle (although everything around it adds to the charm!) but personally not keen on the second and I’d be a bit careful of it looking like Alice in Wonderland. It’s what you like though at the end of the day

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.